Monday, January 26, 2015

Vegan {Super Spicy} Stir Fry

Hi all!  For those of you who know me in person, you know that I love spicy food.  In this case, I am not talking about food that is just flavorful, though.  I am talking about spicy hot - food that feels like it is burning your tongue out when you eat it because it is so spicy hot!  I.  Love.  Spicy hot!  Another not so secret: I love stir fry's.  This one is one of my faves!  It's Yuuuumy.

You need:

1 large russet potato
1 large carrot
A head of broccoli
1 to 1.5 C rice (you can pick what kind of rice you want to use - brown or white)
1/2 a bottle of House of Tsang Szechuan Sauce (vegan!!!!)

Directions:

Put the rice and water in a pan and cook it while slicing the veggies.  While the rice is cooking, cut the veggies up.  (I cut the potato into slices, then cut the slices into slivers.  Peel carrot, then either peel it into thing slices or chop it up.  Chop broccoli.)  Once the rice is done, put it aside (or put it on a plate) and fill up a pan or wok with the veggies.  Pour the sauce over the veggies and cook until tender.  (Variation: You may cook the veggies with an oil, then pour the sauce over them.  I like to cook the veggies with the sauce, because it gives them a nice flavor.)

Serves: 2 (But truth be told, I usually save this and eat it for two to three meals all by myself!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment